Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hot date

Church Basement Reading Series
Monday, 28 March 2005
8pm
Micky's Blue Room,
171 Ave C between 10th and 11th
No cover, cheap drinks

My friend Jack is organizing this comedy/reading series and I'm participating in it. This is definitely not improv and definitely not like anything else I've done. I'm picking a few selections from this here blog and I'm writing some other stuff too, focusing on some of the issues that have been on my mind lately, and we'll see what percolates. I'm going for a mix of Carrot Top's prop comedy and Garrison Keillor's homespun midwestern wisdom. Hopefully we can all have a good laugh and even . . . learn a little something. About life, about love, about black music and white people. It's not a melting pot, people, it's a mosaic.

Hot dog, I'm excited! To anyone reading this, I hope you can make it.

No comments: