Pages

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Hello, 2011

Looking back on 2010, I keep thinking of that Frank Sinatra song, "It Was A Very Good Year."  2010 was a year of gifts and blessings, beginning with Alice's arrival and continuing through a new job I love and a much happier life overall.  L has written about how some years are years of waiting, biding time, while others are years of fruition.  Reaping what you have sown, or, more likely, reaping the windfall of blessings you may or may not deserve.  Coming off an extremely eventful 2010, I don't know what to expect in 2011.  We've talked a little bit about goals for our family, and I have some goals in mind for myself professionally and creatively.  But even if 2011 is a year of merely biding our time -- that is, living this wonderful, precarious life of ours, raising our daughter with some degree of purpose, doing our best at meaningful work, trying to be good to our family and friends -- that sounds great to me.   

When I was thirty...it was a very good year...

No comments: