Pages

Monday, February 07, 2005

A good man: Thomas L. Friedman

I saw Thomas L. Friedman, NY Times columnist I agree with 95% of the time, on Tim Russert's CNBC dog-and-pony show on Saturday. Man, I love this guy. He's one of those people who says the name of the person he's talking to very frequently, and he's got this condescending tone to his voice, like he's trying to explain the differences between Sunni and Shiite Islam to a sheepdog. He uses all of these godawful rhetorical questions and hypothetical monologues, newspaper headlines, etc. But he can get away with it, because he's usually right.

On Saturday Tim Russert sat back and let Big Tom basically recite his Sunday column - about how we should reduce the awards we offer for the heads of Osama and Zarqawi instead of increase them, how we should let the moderate Arabs catch them themselves, how we should use the reward money to create scholarships for muslim students to study in the US. The best part was when he stated that we should reduce the award to a bag of pistachios and an autographed picture of W. [Note that in the column, he said the award should be a lone pistachio - I guess the klieg lights inspired a fit of generosity.] I love it! A bag of pistachios! Can I donate the bag? Where do I send it? Big Tom, can you hear me?

1 comment:

Dental Dan said...

Tommy boy is an Orientalist, Zionist bastard. Although I did agree with his Sunday column.