Pages

Friday, March 24, 2006

Spiritual thing

This weekend L and I are going on our pre-marriage counseling weekend-long retreat. Around the house, we've been calling it Celibacy Weekend 2006. Yep, thanks to the church's requirement that we unflinchingly examine all the quirks and contours of our relationship, we will be talking about "us" for 48 whole hours. I don't know if we even have that much to say. I haven't been on a religious retreat in a long time, and L and I are not exactly the most spiritual of couples. I would more describe our relationship as "secular humanist." But I have high hopes for this weekend. If nothing else, hopefully we'll have some good stories coming out of it. I get on the train in two hours, and I won't be back until Sunday afternoon. Stay tuned.

No comments: