Pages

Monday, March 20, 2006

RIng of power

We bought my wedding ring this weekend. We went back to Tiffany and were helped by a nice chick our age named Veronica. I was trying a bunch of different rings on, including some with decorative flourishes like gilding around the edges. I wasn't sure how I felt about it. "Well, you have slender fingers," Veronica said hesitantly. "So that ring looks a little --" "Gay?" I offered. "Feminine," she said. "Yes," L agreed. No need to go gay for my wedding, but we picked out a good one. It's gold, yellow gold, pretty plain and simple, a nice weight, a certain heft to it, but classic and unpossessing. We will get it engraved with something nice. Right now it's sitting in a box on our shelf, wrapped in paper and tied up in a bow. I have never been more covetous and lustful of a piece of jewelry before. It's kind of like the Lord of the Rings ring, in terms of its significance and power over me and the way it holds my attention, but hopefully this ring will work out better for everyone involved. Hooray for matrimony!

No comments: