Pages

Sunday, May 03, 2009

My role model

This was a singularly, spectacularly, bogglingly shitty week at work. I didn't think I would make it, and yet somehow here we are again on Sunday night, standing at the precipice, at the brink of another week.

I had an epiphany a couple days ago about how I need to approach everything, and I feel dumb that it took me this long. When I first started, one of my colleagues told me that I remind her of Kenneth the page from "30 Rock." She said it was about my willful good cheer in times of strife. Kenneth the page needs to be my role model at work. He is competent, relentlessly cheerful, and blithely unaware of the slights and insults and stresses that thunder down on him on a weekly basis. He just keeps chugging forward with his permanent grin, homespun wisdom, and maddening courtesy. I need to be more like this. Do your job, keep smiling, don't break a sweat, and let everything else just slide on past you.

The other little thing that's helped me figure some things out is a Coldplay song. Just because I'm losing, doesn't mean I'm lost.

2 comments:

Mona said...

Fantastic song!!!

collegegirl said...

Excellent blog, nice presentation. I love the contents and thoughts. I am so proud to vote for you and I recommended your blog to some of my friends like , Remo, chinafan, EasternDish and Fengshui etc. Keep it up and write more please. I invite your valuable visit and suggestions about my Business Blog. Please visit BCA to see my votes. Please Vote by using this link.
http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/69551