Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back from Naples

L and I had a wonderful, restorative, sunny long weekend in Florida. My grandparents spoiled us rotten as we indulged in the best of Florida fare: shrimp, stone crabs, key lime pie, fresh tomatoes and strawberries and cantaloupes. We spent some time walking along the beach, watching the sun sink to the horizon over the water. We slept with the windows open and the ceiling fan swirling above us. We read on the lanai and watched the birds skim the water of the lake. it was heavenly. And here are some photos!

Grandma, Pap Pap, L and me, at our last dinner at Riverwalk, stuffing ourselves with one final helping of seafood.

The freakishly mottled duck-vultures of Florida. They liked to hide under our car.

Grandma and L on the beach. Wowza!

Grandma, Pap Pap and me at the Old Marco Lodge. Stone crabs, grouper sandwich, and key lime pie.

Grandma, dramatically lit on the lanai.

Happiness is a half-pound of shrimp and a cold Corona.

Pap Pap and I honoring the arrival of a new key lime pie.

My sweet wife and me.

What a great weekend. I am so grateful for the time we got to share.

No comments: