Pages

Saturday, November 03, 2007

More reflections

You know what? I'm ready for this. This is going to be fun, and it might be amazing. I'm ready for this, I trained my ass off, and this is going to be wonderful. The marathon experience isn't tomorrow's race, it's the hundreds of miles I've been running since July, and tomorrow is the victory lap. I can do this. I'm an athlete. This is the marathon.

So, this is for my parents and grandparents and Kels; my friends (including the Core); Eliza, Russell, Arnold and everyone else at the gym who got me into shape in the last couple years; the people who have encouraged me about this whole endeavor; and the old, small, irrelevant part of myself who thought I couldn't do things like this. And most of all, for L.

This! Is the marathon!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

hey mike! i just heard from mom who heard from lillian that you passed the 5 mile mark! i wanted to let you know that i'm thinking about you. you're doing great!

RUN MIKE RUN!

love
kels